Resident of the city of Patras in Achaia-Greece, Association under the name \”GREEK UNION FOR THE TREATMENT OF MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS\” (EEASKP: Elliniki Enosi gia tin Antimetopisi tis Skleereensis Kata Plakas)
FOUNDATION – NAME – SCOPE – BOARD
FOUNDATION – NAME and SEAT ASSOCIATION
An Association, non profit, non governmental organization is beeing funded, under the name \”GREEK UNION FOR THE TREATMENT OF MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS\” (EEASKP). The English name will be \”THE MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS SOCIETY OF GREECE\”. The headqarters of the association is designated at the city of Patras in Achaia and the Union can operate, by Board\’s decision, Information offices for members\’ Support and Coordination in the Prefectures of Ileia, Aitoloakarnania and more widely in the Region of Western Greece.
- Informing and educating its members and the wider community for Multiple Sclerosis (MS), information on latest scientific developments and prospects in treatment and management of the disease, the promotion of any information that aim to improve the conditions and the way of living of People who suffer from Multiple Sclerosis – People with Multiple Sclerosis,
- Exchange material, opinions and thoughts through cooperation with other clubs of People with Multiple Sclerosis, and by the Appellate-Body of the Panhellenic Federation of Persons with MS (POAmSKP), as well as the joint organizing of common events, expression, assertion requests etc. relevant to the matters that affect People with Multiple Sclerosis,
- Cooperation with sponsors from the world of private initiatives for social research, information campaigns, funding etc. and working groups and committees, and specialits-hiring in order to achieve individual goals,
- Actions in order to find and activate volunteers for the purposes of the Association,
- Comprehensive training and regular updating – training of volunteers in order to get appropriate supervision of the Association both in promoting and strengthening the voluntary spirit and education in raising public-awareness, networking, gain publicity and support People with Multiple Sclerosis.
MEMBERS\’ ENTRANCE-EXIT – ORDINAL MEMBERS
REPRESENTATIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION
- The Board may appoint representatives of the Association from a pool of members or offices that are suitable for this purpose, and will supply them with a written authorization, valid for a predefined period which is stamped and signed by the President and the Secretary General.
- Representatives are withdrawn or dismissed after a written and justified decision of the Board.
- Representatives are directed by the President and the Secretary-General and report their work to the Board.
- Representatives are unpaid, are entitled to only the necessary representation costs (travel, subsistence, participation, etc.) according to the decision of the Board.
STAMP OF THE ASSOCIATION
The stamp of the Association is round and bears it\’s name. There is a Greek stamp and an English translation. By decision of the Board a drawing or a symbol that indicate the sign of the Association is determined. The Association celebrates on the last Wednesday of May. This day has been designated as World Day for Multiple Sclerosis (World MS Day).
The financial year of the Association starts on January 1 and ends on December 31 of each year. The budget, the balance sheet and the balance sheet are drawn up for each financial year till January 15th. They are approved by the Board on the first meeting after their submission and afterwards they are submitted for ratification at the Annual Ordinary General Meeting of Members
EMPLOEES – HIRE PROPERTY
At the suggestion of the Board, the Association may hire paid employees for the purposes of smooth operation and services to its members. The duties, the payment and the conditions of such works shall be determined by resolution of the Board under current legislation. The Association has the right to cover any housing needs of this and its annexes, to rent a decision of the Board several suitable properties. The relevant lease is always written and enters the Association by the legal representatives of the owner of the leased property. From the lease they never acquire rights as individuals by the representatives of the Association who signed on his behalf.
This Statute, composed of 50 articles, was read, discussed and voted by article and as a whole by the members of the General Assembly that were present at the General Meeting on April 7, 2013 a meeting especialy for this purpose. This Statue will be in effect once published in the reporting State Paper Associations which is kept in Patras Court.
Patra, April 7, 2013
The General Secretary